[ITP] italic-man

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Fri Aug 9 19:31:00 GMT 2019

Am 09.08.2019 um 20:56 schrieb Achim Gratz:
> Jon Turney writes:
>> This gets a GTG from me.
>>
>> I believe that according to our stated procedures additional approvals
>> are required, because this package is unique to cygwin.
> I'm not sure I remember correctly from when the discussion went on the
> first time, but wasn't there some mumbling about this partly going into
> groff?  If that's still the case, remind me what this would entail and
> I'll look into it.
There are multiple ways of activating the feature (also described in the
man page).
The previous strategy placed a shell script wrapper "groff" aside groff,
so the groff script and groff.exe would coexist in /bin. This was tricky
to install and particularly it reportedly did not survive a package
update of groff.
The new approach does not use this wrapper anymore. Instead it redirects
nroff to the package-supplied iroff script by configuration in
/etc/man_db.conf.
Thomas