cygpath question

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Sat Jan 25 02:07:00 GMT 2003

Rob,

Well, the RXVT-ers keep copping an 'tude with us lowly console users, so...

I really don't know what's different on my system that makes this nifty
feature work for me. I'm inclined to think it's not a BASH setting or
anything specific to my Cygwin configuration.

It works in CMD.exe, too, including the part about adding quotes only
when needed. It could be something I configured via Xteq's X-Setup or
TweakUI. I'm an inveterate customizer.

Perhaps it depends on which version of Windows you're running? I have
Win2K Pro with SP3 and pretty much all the updates installed. (What am
I saying "pretty much?" I'm compulsive about updating!)

Randall Schulz