Tmux crashes on copy

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis@SystematicSW.ab.ca
Sun Jan 21 20:09:23 GMT 2024

On 2024-01-18 01:24, Takashi Yano via Cygwin wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jan 2024 16:37:59 +0900 (JST)
> Yasuhiro Kimura wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Jan 2024 12:30:59 +0000, David Stephenson via Cygwin wrote:

>>> When using the copy function in tmux it crashes on Enter.
>>> Steps:
>>> ctrl-[ (enter copy mode)
>>> Navigate to text
>>> space (start copy)
>>> Navigate to end of text
>>> Enter (to select highlighted text) at this point tmux crashes
>>> cygcheck.out (email redacted) and tmux.exe.stackdump attached

Known issue also on Fedora with tmux:

	https://github.com/tmux/tmux/issues/3699

https://github.com/tmux/tmux/commit/b202a2f1b517a3de7141fc35fbd9e39ed5ac5284

new release not yet available - maintainer will have to apply upstream patch, or
users will have to downgrade ncurses.

It looks like ncurses maintenance lagged, while tmux was updated; now ncurses is
being updated, so tmux needs updated to 3.3a, with above patch and any prereqs.

>> I have same problem with Windows 11 2023H2, and it disappears if I
>> rollback libncursesw10 package from 6.4-20231230 to 6.4-3.20230114.
>> So we may hit the bug of libncursesw10 6.4-20231230.

> TO: Brian
> BTW, shouldn't the package name
> libncursesw10-6.4-20231230
> be
> libncursesw10-6.4-4.20231230
> Or is this intentional?

Previous maintainer added some artificial single digit release prefixes (in a
few packages), but we decided to drop those and use the release date directly as
used in the package.

--

                                  -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry